Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life is Good.... With a Speed Bump

I can't believe that is has already been over a month since I last posted anything. I guess that's what happens when life is going good. Tender mercies surround me, yet go unrecognized.

I finished all of my lecture classes at Southern Utah University. I can't believe that it is over. Sitting at a 3.9 GPA with only my student teaching left!  It was so sad to say goodbye to Cedar City. I thought I wouldn't be returning in the near future. Yet, I have already made one trip down and there will be a few more to come. I just know it!

My best friend, Blair, had her farewell and tomorrow is the day that she leave to enter the MTC. I can't believe I'm not going to see her for 18 months. Just the thought brings tears to my eyes. We keep saying, "It isn't goodbye", because it's not goodbye. We are going to write each other and I will see her when she gets home. I am so proud of her and I'm definitely going to miss her. She is going to wonderful things in California!

I am so grateful for my close friends. We have had a lot of good, fun, spontaneous adventures. Shout out to Brennan for hitting 6 temples in 2 days and meeting in Provo to spend the day together. To the Cedar City gang, this last visit was awesome. Sonny Boys, the C, Tiki Shack, hiking in the dark to a cave that miraculously had wood there to build a campfire, and fulfilling bucket lists. We continue to make great memories and I can't wait to see ya'll soon! I am so grateful to have made friends that will last for a lifetime.





The Dirty Dash was so much fun. Who would have thought that you could float in muddy water? Well you can! Muddy from head to toe and still sore two days later, I would totally do it again!



As most of you know, I finally got my student teaching assignment. Here comes the speed bump..... There are some concerns, so I might be changing schools. I hate not knowing. I really do like to have things planned out. But I know that it will all work out for the best. If I am meant to stay at this school, then I will try my best!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I love you Ashley!! I am so grateful for everything! You have been such a great friend to me and I love you! Good luck with student teaching and I cant wait to hear all about it!! I love you!! :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the foam run?! I was going to do the dirty dash but I forgot to sign-up but you should definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete